- ¾ cup salted butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (or substitute ground flax seed for vegan muffins)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup to 1-cup milk or alternative milk like almond, hemp, or coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups Bob’s GF 1:1 All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- a pinch of ground clove
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes (omit for vegan muffins)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease each muffin spot on the muffin tin with butter, coconut oil, or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, syrup, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs to incorporate. Add the pumpkin puree and ¾ cups milk. Beat or whisk until smooth. Add the GF flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Beat on low-speed until combined. If the dough appears too dry, add the other ¼ cup of milk.
Using a spatula or large spoon, transfer the batter into each spot on the muffin tin. Top each muffin with a cube of cream cheese. If you are dairy free, simply omit this step for deliciously simple pumpkin spice muffins.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes—until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.